CR-48

Timothy Davis cpuobsessed at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 18:02:55 UTC 2011

> On 01/02/2011 03:21 PM, drago01 wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 9:17 PM, Stephen John Smoogen<smooge at gmail.com>
>  wrote:
> Google
> plenty
> be
> had the
> > It is pretty much standard hardware so all you'd have to do is to get
> > it start anaconda (i.e boot the install media)
> I applied to get one, but I'm not one of the anointed. I think you get
> one if you are a popular blogger or tech-related website operator. IE:
> the press.
>
> I read an article that it is not really standard hardware, although
> there is a "developer mode" switch on it to allow running code not
> signed by Google that should make it easier to hack. I thought however
> that it still wants to wipe the disk if you mess with that switch.
> Something like putting it back in "normal" mode will re-install
> ChromeOS. At least I hope it would since it would be real hard to get
> back to using stock ChromeOS without a CD.
>
> --
> Chris Kloiber
>

> I am one of the annoited few but I am not a tech writer/blogger; just
another Fedora fan. While I have been able to install Ubuntu I really want
to try Fedora on this MID. The dev switch works as stated, it will erase
only the stateful partition (i.e. home/temp directory) interesting about
what you said about anaconda but the problem lies in the EFI boot process. I
just don't understand it enough. From what I have seen/read online there are
three kernel/rootfs partitions and a state partition the script I used
created an extra partition and installed Ubuntu there, so I should be able
to copy a fedora root in the same way.

Linux counter #386175