prefdm.service not configured

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 10 05:20:37 UTC 2011

Today I (minimal) installed F13, upgraded that to F14, then upgraded that to
Rawhide, all because I could find no way to start a Rawhide install, and F14
can't count available memory (says not enough for graphical install, even
though the 384M minimum is exceeded by 1/3), and text install cannot be
directed to install to the available target.

After the update to Rawhide I yum installed basic Xorg and KDE packages, as I
could find no groupinstall selections that would install only basic KDM/KDE
and notunwanted/unneeded Gnome/GTK/extras stuff.

Startx works, but runlevel 5 does not start KDM. systemctl shows
prefdm.service as in subject. I find no prefdm.service file anywhere in /etc.
What should have set KDM to start? How do I fix/configure KDM to work?
--
"How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose
understanding rather than silver." Proverbs 16:16 NKJV

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/