audio skipping/pure sound quality

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 16:21:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

Recently I bought the USB Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX card and 5.1
speaker system for my laptop. I'm really happy with the sound quality
on Windows. Unfortunately, the sound quality on Linux is not so good -
I hear various clicks and skips. I'm guessing that it may be caused by
that the sound is not delivered on time to some buffer or something
like that.

I changed default-sample-rate in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf but it did not
solve the problem. Is there something else then I can try to use to
improve sound quality?

Pulseaudio uses a lot of resources
 1270 michal    20   0  650m  14m  11m R 14.6  0.7   6:28.79 pulseaudio

BTW. A matter of fact, I was surprised that this card works under
Linux out of box.  There were problems with the card under Windows -
drivers are installed automatically, but card does not work until I
installed the drivers from the manufacturer.

--
Best regards,
Michal

http://eventhorizon.pl/