Strange bug in F14: gnome-settings-daemon, Firefox ramp up to high CPU usage

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jan 17 23:51:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 07:16 +0900, 夜神 岩男 wrote:

> The only times things like this happens to me is when
> Flash misbehaves. Jump to tty2 and run htop or top
> (whatever you like -- htop just makes this more obvious)
> and see which process is freaking out and kill it.

Not that simple. It's multiple processes, it's always the same ones, and
killing them doesn't solve the problem (gnome-settings-daemon is vital
to a GNOME session and it auto-respawns when killed; the respawned g-s-d
continues to show the bad behaviour.)

This isn't a Flash issue, I don't have Flash running when it happens.