What has happened to desktop icons in rawhide?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Jan 22 18:15:58 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 10:10:32 -0500,
  Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 11:03 -0500, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> > Should they be visible?
>
> GNOME 3 will not start nautilus by default.
> Sorry, I should have probably announced this change hitting rawhide.

What about people who want to continue running (or were running) metacity.
For the last week or two, none of metacity, nautilus and nautlius appear
to be getting started after logging in with gdm. I have to escape back to
a vt to start at least metacity and gnome-panel to be able to do anything.

It may be because I have been doing continuous upgrades, that I am seeing
something different than people who do fresh rawhide installs today.