What has happened to desktop icons in rawhide?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Jan 22 18:43:23 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 10:51:20 -0500,
  Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 17:44 +0200, cornel panceac wrote:
>

> > oh, but should it start panels? or at least the gnomeshell?
>
> Yes, it starts gnome-shell, unless your system is not capable of running
> it, in which case it starts gnome-panel+metacity.

I did a yum upgrade from F14 to rawhide a month or so ago and have been doing
contunuous updates since then. Nothing seems to have dragged in gnome-shell.
It's probably worth thinking about a way to it installed for people doing
yum upgrades from F13 or F14. I am not sure if using preupgrade has the same
issue or not.