USB (un)plug events issue in rawhide

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Jan 22 19:40:11 UTC 2011

I am not sure when this started, but I noticed that plugging and unplugging
USB devices no longer seems to be triggering actions. Stuff that was plugged
in at boot is detected, but lsusb still lists devices after they have been
unplugged and new devices don't get created when I plug a new device in.
I don't think this is a kernel change, because I still run 2.6.36 a lot
due to a graphics driver problem. I don't think the problem predates that
kernel.

Does anyone know of any open bigs for this issue? Any suggestions as to
which component it might be appropriate to file a bug?