2011-01-24 @ 16:00UTC - Fedora QA meeting - call for topics

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Jan 22 21:27:50 UTC 2011

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 00:37:17 +0000
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I see.
>
> Is this not FAS problem as in the required  page should pop up to the
> applicant for reading before he can proceed to apply or the group
> admin aint doing his due diligence and regularly check the account
> for new applications and contact those that have applied.

There's no such ability currently in FAS to do that. ;)
It can show a bit of text when someone looks at the group, but it can't
make them click through something. You can have people who request to
join the group send to the admin... I suppose thats another option, but
may result in a single point of failure.

> By the way to the sponsors ever check if the applicant actually has
> read the documentation since if they dont then we might just as well
> turn that requirement off.

Well, how do you mean? Do they go to your house with a printed out copy
and wait while they watch you reading it? No. ;)

They do ask if you have read it and expect a real positive reply.

I think a FAS addition that allowed showing text and requiring a 'I
have read this' check would work great, unfortunately, it doesn't exist
currently. ;(

kevin