What has happened to desktop icons in rawhide?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 17:12:09 UTC 2011

On 01/23/2011 09:58 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> Also keep in mind that there are other "first-class desktop
> environment". Moblin is just as much a GNOME based first-class desktop
> environment as gnome-shell, just for a different use-case (Netbooks).

I don't think that's the case.  GNOME Shell is a integral part of GNOME
3.  Moblin upstream seems only interested in being a complete OS and
haven't cooperated well with other projects which want to include Moblin
as a alternative UI in their distributions.  Conman,  trademark
shenanigans etc.  I understand the point you are trying to make but
Moblin is really a poor example to pick.

Rahul