2011-01-24 @ 16:00UTC - Fedora QA meeting - call for topics

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 07:28:54 UTC 2011

On 01/22/2011 09:27 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 00:37:17 +0000
> "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"<johannbg at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I see.
>>
>> Is this not FAS problem as in the required  page should pop up to the
>> applicant for reading before he can proceed to apply or the group
>> admin aint doing his due diligence and regularly check the account
>> for new applications and contact those that have applied.
> There's no such ability currently in FAS to do that. ;)
> It can show a bit of text when someone looks at the group, but it can't
> make them click through something. You can have people who request to
> join the group send to the admin... I suppose thats another option, but
> may result in a single point of failure.

<snip>
..
</snip>
> I think a FAS addition that allowed showing text and requiring a 'I
> have read this' check would work great, unfortunately, it doesn't exist
> currently. ;(

I'm not sure which entity within the project is supposed to make sure
that the infrastructure meets all the project needs but anyway work with
the infrastructure/web site team or simply file a RFE/Bug here [1] to
fix those limitations.

Implementing policy's to workaround limitation in our own infrastructure
is doing things backwards is it not ;)

JBG

1. https://fedorahosted.org/fas/