What has happened to desktop icons in rawhide?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:48:53 UTC 2011

On 01/25/2011 08:17 PM, drago01 wrote:
> It is not indented as alternative to in the way you might think it is
> just a fallback for older hardware and/or crappy drivers.
> Hence the name "fallback".

Call it whatever you want.  It is a alternative in the sense that you
cannot run both at the same time.  There is absolutely no technical
reason why GNOME Panel would require GNOME Shell as a dependency.

>  If you really care that much about it
> suggest a better way (no a release note entry is not it)

If you are going to dismiss suggestions without any explanation, why
would I bother? If you insist that a artificial dependency is the right
way,  then not much can be done about it.

Rahul