kernel in rawhide (f15) : crash

cornel panceac cpanceac at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 19:26:22 UTC 2011

2011/1/25 Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>

> On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 20:21 +0200, cornel panceac wrote:
> > maybe it's been reported already, but here both f15 kernels crash at
> > boot. f14 works fine.
>
> This is obviously highly hardware dependent, so your report isn't much
> use as is. =) The kernel boots on other hardware (like mine). So it'd be
> good to have more details of the crash, your hardware info, and a test
> with a 2.6.37 kernel build (I suspect this is likely a 2.6.38
> regression). And you should probably file it, at redhat or upstream
> bugzilla.

probably the smolt profile (from f14)  will be someday available here:
http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_6da62aa6-7873-4da2-8803-4e5e6a3c5ff9

right now, the site is in guru_meditation state :)

while the crash info was displayed, i've seen some mentions of plymouthd.
video card is

$ lspci -nn | grep -i vga
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation G73 [GeForce
7300 GT] [10de:0393] (rev a1)

i'll try disabling the plymouthd service (if there is such thing) and report
back.