kernel in rawhide (f15) : crash

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 13:49:41 UTC 2011

On 01/26/2011 01:23 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 08:26:36 +0000,
>    "\"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson\""<johannbg at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> So nigthly spins are out for me until kernel-2.6.38-0.rc2.git3.2.fc15
>> ends up on the nightly spins seriously those nightly spins need to be
>> composed of whatever are the latest bit's in koji....
> They are. But there is latency from when builds start to when they get out
> there.

Hum I'm not so sure releng is using koji repo for nightly spins I think
they actually need to get pushed somewhere before they get picked up
what I'm meaning is that when you build something in koji and that build
was successful it will get pulled into on of the nightly spins for that day.

And if you build 10 builds of a package before the schedual cron run to
compose those nightly spin is run it would automatically pull in and use
your latest build in koji..

> And sometimes builds fail because of package dependency issues.

As is to be expected to happen on occasion but then the maintainers of
those dependency issue should be notified that their package is halting
the compose process which should have the added bonus affect that
maintainers would quicker fix those dependency issue.

JBG