intel 855 gm on f15

cornel panceac cpanceac at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 21:45:05 UTC 2011

2011/1/28 cornel panceac <cpanceac at gmail.com>

> is there a known problem with intel 855gm video card on f15?
> on my thinkpad x 40 the system fails to start gdm or exit rhgb, if i try
> runlevel 3.
> also, if i boot with the newly installed f15 kernel, it fails to enter
> (usable) text mode due to (probably) framebuffer problems: no human readable
> info is displayed on screen after framebuffer attempts to start.
>
> video card is 8086:3582

one thing i've noticed is that some gnome-packages were not updated from
f14. another is that the default runlevel was not graphical.target. now gdm
is starting with f14 kernel, but if i attempt text mode or graphical with
f15 kernel i'll still get garbage on screen or just black screen with a
mouse, for graphical.target.