intel 855 gm on f15

cornel panceac cpanceac at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 08:56:18 UTC 2011

2011/1/29 Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>

> The 8xx series is, I think, not supported for Shell - you should get the
> 'classic GNOME' fallback - but basic boot and GDM and the 'classic' mode
> should all work. File a bug for any KMS issues.

ok, thank you. it will be done. first i'll try to restart networkmanager so
that i can connect (?) to the running system with ssh

indeed, with nomodeset, the gdm and text output is displayed fine under the
new f15 kernel. and also, the gnome-shell doesn't start but the fallback to
gnome-panel, etc is ok.