Clock Issues in Rawhide

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Fri Jul 8 04:11:24 UTC 2011

On 07/07/2011 02:30 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 00:26 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>> On 06/25/2011 01:27 PM, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>>> Recently, the time in the gnome status bar has been incrementing by UTC
>>> offset for my locale.  I reset it using date time settings but it wasn't
>>> holding.  Then I noticed:
>>>
>>> systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit hwclock-load.service,
>>> ignoring: Unit hwclock-load.service failed to load: No such file or
>>> directory. See system logs and 'systemctl status' for details.
>>>
>>> And indeed the service was missing from /lib/systemd/system.  yum
>>> whatprovides didn't show anything, so I copied the missing services
>>> (also ...save.service) from a F15 installation and that fixed the problem.
>>>
>>> What I don't know is who/what is responsible for providing the
>>> hwclock-load.service files in /lib/systemd/system.  systemd-units? If
>>> anyone can help with this, I will do some more testing and, if
>>> indicated, create a bz.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>

>> Anyone?  Anyone at all having clock problems in rawhide?  I can't
>> believe I am the only one.
>
> Well, I'm not. But this system never boots anything other than Fedora,
> and has its system clock on UTC.

I have never had a problem with the bios set to local time.  F15 boots
with correct time, F14 and F13 boot with correct time.  Only rawhide
demonstrates a problem.

There is an F15 bz that may also apply, but there seems to be some
discussion about where the issue was.  Maybe a new bz just for rawhide
is appropriate.

--
Regards,
OldFart