Developing secondary architecture release criteria

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 18:02:33 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-08 at 12:49 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> > > I think that this is the way to do it. one page per secondary arch noting
> > > differences, for instance sparc is likely to be almost exactly the same,
> > > there is a desktop and server target. so differences really will be
> > > minimal.
> >
> > This will be my first fall-back scenario if I can't get something folks
> > like with the wiki templates.  I'm not real keen on having to inspect
> > *multiple* pages to figure out whether a proposed bug is a blocker or
> > not.  But this approach definitely would be simpler in terms of wiki
> > magic.
>
> Secondary blockers are primary NTH, but never primary blockers.  a primary
> blocker  i guess could be a secondary nth.  but i highly doubt it.

That is the correct, and currently undocumented approach.  Note, that
developing release criteria for secondary architectures is intended to
*only* apply to that secondary architecture.  This in no way affects the
process or schedule of the primary architectures.  In fact, I'd like to
keep them separate entirely.

Thanks,
James