kernel-PAE-2.6.38.8-35 update problem

Petrus de Calguarium pgueckel at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 17:03:32 UTC 2011

Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> You might want to make a comment for the update at:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kernel-2.6.38.8-35.fc15?_csrf_
token=3671000d8fce8d1a92d1ea034a714356e84da806

> I did see some odd behavior similar to yours on one machine, but had
> recently done some other stuff that might have impacted stuff in
/boot in
> such a way as to cause problems, so I didn't report it.
>
> During the yum update it was noted that one of the scripts failed.

The strange thing is that the same kernel version, but for x86_64
installed without a hitch. It was only the PAE.i686 one that gave me
problems.

I should also add that after the first initial bad install of that
kernel-PAE, my entire graphical screen froze up and I could not use
the keyboard to kill X or even to reisub. I was forced to hit the
power switch, but not before I had waited a long time after the
install, in case something was still running, but fortunately when the
freeze occurred, all of the packages had already installed and had
already cleaned, too, but my command line prompt had not yet returned.

What kind of note should I make?