[Fedora QA] #209: Add tests to cover partitioning using root on btrfs, xfs or other non-ext fstype's

Fedora QA trac at fedorahosted.org
Mon Jul 11 08:58:58 UTC 2011

#209: Add tests to cover partitioning using root on btrfs, xfs or other non-ext
fstype's
  Reporter:  rhe          |       Owner:  rhe
      Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Component:  Wiki         |     Version:
Resolution:               |    Keywords:  15 retrospective
Changes (by rhe):

 * cc: josef at redhat.com (added)

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:6 jdulaney]:
 > Replying to [comment:5 rhe]:
 > > Hi jdulaney,
 > >
 > > I remembered you created a btrfs test for installer:
 > >
 > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_btrfs
 > >
 > > Do you have any plan to update it? To make it mimic the non-lvm
 primary partitions(e.g.
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcases_anaconda_ext4_rootfs_on_disk_partition)
 or similar to the default partitioning install test(e.g.
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_autopart_install) ?

 > Actually, I have that written up in my notebook; just have to transfer
 it online.  I plan to do so tomorrow.  Today has been recover-from-
 yesterday-day.

 > I figure I'll get the Anaconda installation stuff done with, and I think
 that should cover a lot of the basic usage.  Then I'll get into things
 such as subvolume creation/use, the LVM replacement stuff, etc.

 Thanks, I created a new anaconda btrfs test based on your test case:
  *
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcases_anaconda_btrfs_rootfs_on_disk_partition

 where I assumed that only / was formatted as btrfs by anaconda defaults,
 but it surely need be confirmed by the developers. Adding Josef to the cc
 list. Josef, can you please clarify what's the default filesystem for
 /boot on Fedora 16? Also are there any other changes on anaconda when
 making btrfs as the default comparing with previous lvm defaults? Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/209#comment:7>
Fedora QA <http://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa>