Draft meeting SOP

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 16:13:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 00:05 +0800, Gerard Braad wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 23:16:54 +0800,
> >  Gerard Braad <gbraad at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >> This is actually more general than just a QA meeting instruction. It
> >> would be suggested to move it into a more general place if you get no
> >> feedback.
> > I was thinking along somewhat silimar lines, but thought that maybe a
> > category for meeting SOPs would be better. That would allow them to be
> > different, but make them easier to find for teams looking at making a new
> > SOP.
>
> Agree. However, the basic information is same. For instance on FAmSCo
> we do not deviate that much. Our agenda is only mentioned (as being on
> the wiki) instead of rehashing it on the meeting. Bruno's idea sounds
> like a good approach to make the information easier to find.

Using mediawiki magic words [1] and/or parser functions [2], I can
probably make the examples given sensitive to the referrer.  So ...

[[QA:Meeting IRC SOP]] would simply redirect to the shared SOP, by
including the text:
 [[#REDIRECT:General IRC meeting SOP]]

Then, the [[General IRC meeting SOP]] page could present cut'n'pastable
examples relative to whichever namespace referred it (QA in the case
above).

Or we could just leave it as is, but move it to a more general SOP
namespace.  But I do enjoy any opportunity to play with mediawiki parser
functions.  :)

Thanks,
James

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Magic_words