oVirt Node Fedora 16 Spin

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 17:46:24 UTC 2011

Hi Joey!

Thanks for reaching out to Fedora QA.

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 13:19 -0400, Joey Boggs wrote:
> It seems there are some issues with the current Spins approval process,
> but to workaround I've been asked to contact each of your lists to get
> acks for approval to keep the ball rolling.
>
> The spins feature page in question is located at:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ovirt_Node_Spin
>
> For the test plan we are awaiting an upstream commit to virt-manager to
> add in a tui version of virt-manager. We plan to showcase that in the
> spin as well. This means the test plan will be updated from its current
> state. (updated tentatively today)
>
> For the artwork we have a boot splash screen in the unofficial spins
> that we release ourselves on new builds, in the case of a spin this was
> an item we are not allowed to change. We'll also be providing
> screenshots of the new virt-manager-tui and standalone mode installation.
>
> If you have any questions please contact me or apevec at redhat.com

This is a somewhat new process that we haven't fully ironed out yet, so
bare with me as we discuss how best to accommodate your request.

As the spin creator, my thought is that you are in the best position to
evaluate the level of testing required.  The QA team is always available
to discuss and review any test questions/proposals/documentation.  While
the specifics of what and how to test are important, I'm more interested
in ensuring that any process is documented and that someone will be
providing test results at some interval throughout the release.

We have existing process to document testing for installation, desktop,
base and the security spin.  It might be good to consider creating a
similar test matrix that will align with our process.

How will the oVirt spins be created (by rel-eng or by you), and at what
frequency (alpha, beta, final)?

Thanks,
James