[Test-Announce] 2011-07-15 @ 17:00 UTC - F16 Alpha blocker bug review #1

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 19:19:08 UTC 2011

On 07/13/2011 06:22 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 14:28:33 -0400,
>    James Laska<jlaska at redhat.com>  wrote:
>> == Suggested Meeting Preparation ==
> Is there a plan to steamline dealing with all of the systemd create a native
> service bugs?

We need to be monitoring this page [1] Core + Base + Base-X groups + few
other services that are on the livecd('s)

Expect iptables sendmail to be finished in the week which leaves only
audit in the core group left which maintainer mention he would take care
of next week(s)

Of Base group device-mapper-multipath should be done this week .

Yum-updated will be finished or removed from the comps group and
replaced with something else

Irda-utils is orphaned

Should be ready for packaging ( question if we need to get assistance
from proven packagers )

Apmd
Nss-pam-ldap
Tigervnc From Base-X

So of the Core + Base + Base-X

The potential blocker as things stand now are..

Audit
Nfs-utils
Iscsi-initiator-utils

/etc/init.d directory should not contain no legacy sysv initscripts on
livecd beside what's ship with the initscript package(s) which is
function, killall, netconsole and network and maybe few more.

We also have to decide if we should block the release for components
that do not follow the packaging guidelines.

Which are currently the following packages that got introduced last
release cycle afaik...

Rsyslog
NetworkManager
( Dan mentioned he was going to take care of that from what he spoke of
using an over engineered solution )
At
Dbus
Gpm