[Test-Announce] 2011-07-15 @ 17:00 UTC - F16 Alpha blocker bug review #1

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 11:31:31 UTC 2011

On 07/14/2011 11:16 AM, James Laska wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 20:58 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> On 07/13/2011 08:11 PM, James Laska wrote:
>>> Quite a bit smaller than the 100+ bugs on the list.  Was that decision
>>> from a recent FESCO meeting?
>> It's the one held on 15 June.
>>
>> See this thread on -devel [1] also note that FESCO accepted the feature
>> [2] on the bases that native systemd unit files will be accepted up to
>> beta after that no more native systemd service files will be introduced
>> in the release during it's lifetime.
>>
>> "Developers will need to convert the old sysvinit init scripts to native
>> systemd ones and/or review and use ones that have been provided to them
>> and package them as per packaging guidelines which can be found here
>> <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines:Systemd>  with sample
>> scriptlet snippet which can be found here
>> <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Systemd>  no
>> later then beta for inclusions in the release."
>>
>> 1.http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-June/152780.html
>> 2.http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SysVtoSystemd
> Thanks, that's all I could find too.  I don't read that as meaning
> anything sysvinit->systemd gets a free ride as an automatic blocker.  I
> read that as FESCO has approved the sysvinit->systemd feature to
> continue developing beyond the feature freeze.

I never said it was a blocker what I said was that it was aggreed to
that service in +core + base + base -X plus what service are on the live
cd would be alpha blockers see the meeting logs and the the thread on
devel for that discussion.

Once we are passed alpha I will do assessment on the conversion process
and discuss with Fesco what ( if any )  next goal should be ( potential
beta blockers ) .

JBG