[Test-Announce] 2011-07-15 @ 17:00 UTC - F16 Alpha blocker bug review #1

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 12:35:41 UTC 2011

On 07/14/2011 12:11 PM, James Laska wrote:
> To make sure I'm understanding, do you mean the next goal would be to
> determine the status of the SysV->systemd feature and whether it will be
> on track for a Beta TC1 target?  If it isn't ... FESCO must decide
> whether to hold the release, or drop the feature.

Think more of it in milestone such as number of @groups have not been
completely converted and or all legacy sysv init script we ship on the
DVD or the milestone of converting every sysv init scripts etc... and
Fesco deciding if it will hold off the release or rather the beta
release since no unit files will be introduced into the release after beta.

This feature wont be dropped per say but rather moved into next release
and the work continued from there converting what we did not manage to
convert during this release cycle.

This feature is of completely different nature and magnitude then
introducing a new component into the release.

JBG