Instalatron: Anaconda testing framework

James Laska jlaska at
Tue Jul 19 16:22:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 17:49 +0200, Sergio Rubio wrote:
> Greetings!
> Posted this to the wrong mailing list (David Cantrell suggested using
> this one instead).
> Linking to avoid re-typing :), my apologies:
> In a nutshell, we are looking for better ways to test our Anaconda
> based installer and I thought that speaking to the real guys and
> sharing would be a good way to start.

Thanks for reaching out to Fedora QA.  We are definitely looking for
ways to make this better too! :)

> Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Hongqing Yang and Tao Wu are working on a series of virt-based automated
installation tests designed to exercise tests in our test matrix [1].
Their work is included in a branch (or two) of the autoqa project.  I
know they have progressed with creating test drivers (python scripts)
for URL, DVD-ISO and HD-ISO installs.

The wiki roadmap [2] is a bit busy, so it's hard to get a sense of
progress from that, but I'm sure Hongqing or Tao can give a more
accurate progress update (and maybe a virtual-demo).