Google Earth

Peter Reed mrdeadworry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 23:11:53 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, July 19, 2011 03:28:09 PM Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 07/20/2011 01:06 AM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> > I downloaded the 64 bit rpm flavor of Google Earth.
> > It installs and runs on 64 bit Scientific Linux.  Neither
> > Fedora 14 or Fedora 15 would run it:
> >
> > /usr/bin/google-earth: ./googleearth-bin: /lib/ld-lsb.so.3: bad ELF
> > interpreter: No such file or directory
> >
> > Is there a trick to get this to run?
>
> How did you install it?
>
> If you did "rpm -Uvh googleearth.rpm" you easily could run into
> difficulties.
>
> The "better" way to install is "yum localinstall googleearth.rpm" which
> resolves dependencies.
>
> Are you doing these installs/tests on a "rawhide" system?  You mention
> Fedora 14 and 15, which are in "production".  So, wondering why you
> didn't post on the "users" mailing list.
This will not resolve the dependency problem.  It requires all the i686
packages not the x86_64 packages I do not think it is a true x86_64 based
package.  I would have to run it each time to see what the next depency it
would fail on and install that i686 package until I finnally got it to run.
Friggin' pain in the butt.
PEter