Any hope for system-config-services ?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 03:11:51 UTC 2011

 On 07/22/2011 06:28 AM, agraham wrote:

Rahul, I did not accuse you of anything except your outstanding
contribution. I did say "I really get the feeling there is another agenda at
work here" and what I was hinting at, was that Redhat are setting the Fedora
agenda such that it NEVER becomes stable.

It did feel like you were tying my statement to this secret agenda
accusation and that is pretty annoying.

And a later post affirms my exact concern (see further down this thread).

Don't confuse individual opinions with that of a organization.    Red Hat
has continued steadily increasing the amount of people working in Fedora QA
and efforts to make Fedora stable like update policy, test days and AutoQA
don't fit into your hidden agenda theory.    Look,  what you are saying
doesn't make much sense.  If Fedora become very unstable,  community will
leave and Red Hat has to spend more money and time working on stabilizing
RHEL.  Besides,  if people don't want to pay and want to get the stability
of RHEL,  they can always go use a free rebuild like CentOS or Scientific
Linux and Fedora's efforts in EPEL would only help them in that regard and
Red Hat doesn't benefit in any way.   Fedora is and has always been focused
on innovation and this is no secret

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

It isn't suitable for everyone of course.  If you want to use something that
doesn't change much and has a longer lifecycle etc,  there are other
distributions that fit the bill.   I do think that Fedora could benefit from
a slightly longer lifecyle (not 7 years but maybe 2 to 3 years) and more
people participating in QA but apparently not many people are interested.
If you want to participate and get involved,   that is far more helpful that
accusations of secret agendas.   To everyone,  who is now urging to talk
about how they are using Fedora as a server,  stop.  You are missing the
point.   I am talking about general trends.

Rahul