Proposed Alpha criteria adjustments

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 20:08:21 UTC 2011

Greetings,

During the second Alpha blocker review meeting [1], I took an action
item to propose several adjustments to the release criteria.

Because of bug#723144, it was agreed that the existing installer
partitioning-related Alpha criteria could be adjusted slightly to
accommodate the new "[ ] Use LVM?" option.  The criteria in their
current state is included below.

        The installer must be able to complete an installation using the
        entire disk, existing free space, or existing Linux partitions
        methods, with or without encryption enabled

I propose the following minor adjustment to the above criteria:

        The installer must be able to complete an installation using the
        entire disk, existing free space, or existing Linux partitions
        methods, with or without encryption or LVM enabled.

Also during the blocker review meeting, the group decided it would be
beneficial to add criteria to ensure that reboot/shutdown behave as
expected.  While the reboot/shutdown/logout desktop use case is covered
in the Beta criteria [2], bug#724928 highlighted a gap in the criteria.

Any objections/corrections to the following Alpha criteria addition to
cover the reboot/shutdown use case?

        The systems' mechanisms for shutting down, logging out and
        rebooting from a virtual console must work

Thanks,
James

[1]
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-bugzappers/2011-07-22/f16-blocker-review.2011-07-22-17.00.html