2011-07-25 @ 15:00 UTC - Fedora QA Meeting - call for topics

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 04:24:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 13:20 +0100, Athmane Madjoudj wrote:

> I want to make sure that we (QA) can't include a SPIN (or Cloud image)
> validation matrix to SOP until it's integrated to fedora release
> engineering (Koji, etc ...).

It's an interesting question. I think we could engineer the SOP a bit
better, now you're doing such a kickass job of churning out matrices for
different spins; right now it's all a bit duct taped together. What I'd
suggest is roughly this...

The SOP would say:

"Check the [[:Category:Spin_validation_matrices|list of validation
matrix templates for different spins]] and create a validation matrix
page for each spin which is actually present"

and, obviously, we'd put all the spin-specific templates in that
category. I guess to be super consistent we should split the desktop
validation matrix into separate ones per desktop, but I kinda like
having them all together, to encourage people to test all the desktops.
This way would be a bit more organized and scalable - we don't have to
keep editing the SOP each time we come up with another spin matrix, just
add it to the category and everything's cool.

If we had it done that way, I don't think it'd be a problem really to
have a matrix in the category for a spin that hadn't been accepted yet,
because it'd just never meet the condition in the SOP. Or you could
leave it out of the category, and that'd be fine too. I don't think it'd
be wrong either way.

WDYT?