Testing SOP Update (was Re: 2011-07-25 @ 15:00 UTC - Fedora QA Meeting - call for topics)

Athmane Madjoudj athmane at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 26 10:32:29 UTC 2011

On 07/26/2011 05:24 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 13:20 +0100, Athmane Madjoudj wrote:
>
>> I want to make sure that we (QA) can't include a SPIN (or Cloud image)
>> validation matrix to SOP until it's integrated to fedora release
>> engineering (Koji, etc ...).
>
> It's an interesting question. I think we could engineer the SOP a bit
> better, now you're doing such a kickass job of churning out matrices for
> different spins; right now it's all a bit duct taped together. What I'd
> suggest is roughly this...
>
> The SOP would say:
>
> "Check the [[:Category:Spin_validation_matrices|list of validation
> matrix templates for different spins]] and create a validation matrix
> page for each spin which is actually present"
>
> and, obviously, we'd put all the spin-specific templates in that
> category. I guess to be super consistent we should split the desktop
> validation matrix into separate ones per desktop, but I kinda like
> having them all together, to encourage people to test all the desktops.
> This way would be a bit more organized and scalable - we don't have to
> keep editing the SOP each time we come up with another spin matrix, just
> add it to the category and everything's cool.
>
> If we had it done that way, I don't think it'd be a problem really to
> have a matrix in the category for a spin that hadn't been accepted yet,
> because it'd just never meet the condition in the SOP. Or you could
> leave it out of the category, and that'd be fine too. I don't think it'd
> be wrong either way.

+1 for categorization of spins test matrices, I think it's a good idea.

not sure for separating desktops, generally a SPIN is fedora-based OS
that provides a unique functionality thus the need to have a dedicated
test matrix, but all desktops provide the same functionality though
Sugar may have different concept.

--
Athmane Madjoudj