[Fedora QA] #217: Check install process runs unattended in kickstart install validation test case

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 12:05:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 18:45 +0800, He Rui wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 11:30 +0300, Frederick William New wrote:
> > > Comment:
> > >
> > >  Replying to [comment:1 rhe]:
> > >  > Agree. add a expected result in each kickstart test like:
> > >  >
> > >  >  *
> > >  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Kickstart_Http_Server_Ks_Cfg
> > >
> > >  The added expected result is: [[BR]]
> > >  # Anaconda should not prompt for user interaction if ks.cfg is not
> > >  specified
> >
> > It seems to me that if you don't specify a ks.cfg Anaconda is going to do a whole bunch of prompting.  Am I missing something?
> >

> That's right, what I was trying to say is if the ks.cfg is intact or if
> you don't intend to ignore something in the file, Anaconda should not
> prompt for user interaction. Sorry for the poor description. I might
> correct the above to:
>
> # Anaconda should not prompt for user interaction if the ks.cfg is
> intact
>
> Feel free to adjust the words.

I'd probably avoid getting too specific about what kickstart commands
are used for this test.  That seems like a good exercise for future
tests, or amendments to existing tests.  The general idea of honoring
the provided commands seems sane.

Howabout rephrasing as ... ?

# The installer honors the kickstart commands provided in the
{{filename|ks.cfg}} file.  If sufficient commands are provided to fully
automate an installation, the installer must not prompt for user input.

Thanks,
James