Review and notification of blocker bugs

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 21:52:12 UTC 2011

I'm currently surveying the QA release calendar:

http://rbergero.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-16/f-16-quality-tasks.html

to check we have SOPs for all tasks on it. As part of that, a couple of
tasks have emerged that we don't really _do_.

"NVR Update Check testing" was requested a long time ago by engineering,
but never really happened. It's now pretty much superseded by AutoQA
upgradepath testing, so I think we can delete it from the calendar for
F17 and later and forget about it.

"Daily Review & Notification of Open Alpha|Beta|Final Blocker Bugs" is a
trickier customer. As scheduled, it seems to suggest that for Alpha,
Beta and Final, we should be 'reviewing and notifying' open blockers for
an arbitrary-seeming one week (Monday to Friday) period between the
second and third blocker review meetings.

So, a few questions:

1. Does anyone know where this comes from, and what's the intent behind
it? CCing John for that purpose.

2. Does anyone think it's a good idea to simply do this as scheduled - a
daily blocker review for a one-week period in the middle of each release
phase?

3. If 'no' to question 2, do people think we need to do some sort of
review and notification outside of the blocker meetings and updating the
bugs themselves? If so, what?

Thanks everyone!