Fedora 14 to 15: no getty's

A.J. Werkman AJ.Werkman at digifarma.nl
Wed Jun 1 06:53:05 UTC 2011

Op 31-5-2011 14:51, James Laska schreef:
> On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 10:20 +0200, A.J. Werkman wrote:
>> I just updated a F14 system to F15. After the update I can't login via
>> the console. Login through the network over ssh is possible.
> How did you update (DVD, preupgrade or yum)?

I booted vmlinuz and initrd.img from the local HD and did a repo update
over the network .

>> Does this mean that the update procedure hasn't  translated getty
>> startup procedure to systemd conventions? As I still am not quite
>> familiar with systemd, can anyone tell me how to verify this and how to
>> correct this.
> Not sure if you have resolved this issue yet.  Perhaps check with
> systemd for the status of getty?
>
>    $ systemctl status getty.target

[root at newspc system]# systemctl status getty.target
getty.target - Login Prompts
           Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/getty.target)
           Active: active since Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:25:20 +0200; 13min ago

Looks to me as if getty's should be working.

Koos