Gnome 3

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Wed Jun 1 13:30:06 UTC 2011

On 06/01/2011 01:51 AM, Pasha R wrote:

> Thanks.
> I didn't realize it is still present in fedora. I always liked
> xscreensaver responsiveness. With gnome-screensaver, it sometimes
> takes few seconds until it swaps in its login dialog, even on quite
> modern machine, while xscreensaver always presented its dialog
> instantly, even on my old P3 with 256Mb RAM.
> Still, I believe that ability to choose screensaver is a nice feature
> that should not be removed from Gnome, even if there are non-Gnome
> alternatives.

   I have read several of your posts expressing concerns over the state
and functionality of Gnome.

   Fedora is so much more than Gnome 3 ... I would encourage you to try
a different DE - most people I know who have not been thrilled with the
direction of Gnome have turned to either xfce or kde - you might want to
try them - they both seem to have many of the features you no longer
easily find in Gnome ...