Bizarre happenings with Gnome 3

Leslie S Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 13:59:27 UTC 2011

I am not enamoured with Gnome 3, ergo I switched to graphics off mode, and found that when I put a launcher on the top bar (bar where date is in the center), that by clicking on that launcher (which by the way is not removable or moveable), then Gnome crashes, with a logout occurring.

I chose to also try compiz, which is possible, and the same happens here too.  If however, the applications are started via the menu, all is OK.

Another bug is in gnome3 mode, with the many icons, it seems that from the quick launch bar, I may not start two copies of a program.  In the past I often had two terminals open, which implied two distinct processes and had two terminals on the screen.

As I dual boot to Fedora 14 and Fedora 15, my current use of F15 is purely to check for updates to see if there are gnome3 improvements.

Regards
 Leslie
 Mr. Leslie Satenstein
40 years in IT and going strong.
Yesterday was a good day, today is a better day,
and tomorrow will be even better.