Draft btrfs testcase

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 05:26:45 UTC 2011

John Dulaney <j_dulaney <at> live.com> writes:

> I am working on a draft btrfs test case (1) under the assumptionthat it will
be default for F16.

If you are into it, spend some time reading this thread (you will also find
idea(s) for testing):

Btrfs: broken file system design (was Unbound(?) internal fragmentation in Btrfs)
https://lkml.org/lkml/2010/6/18/144

I do not know to what extent the test results and technical overview are still
valid.

Perhaps there is a reason for btrfs being qualified as highly experimental in
Linux kernel ?

[linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git] / fs / btrfs / Kconfig
config BTRFS_FS
       tristate "Btrfs filesystem (EXPERIMENTAL) Unstable disk format"
         Btrfs is highly experimental, and THE DISK FORMAT IS NOT YET
         FINALIZED.  You should say N here unless you are interested in
         testing Btrfs with non-critical data.

JB