Specials chars (| = -) inside command template breaks the rendering

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 13:17:29 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 13:06 -0100, Athmane Madjoudj wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I was writing [1], I've noticed that using | , = and - breaks
> command rendering so I've replaced those chars with HTML codes (see
> below), if there's better solution, please tell me
>
> {{command| ifconfig | grep inet6}}
> {{command| nslookup -type=AAAA ipv6.DOMAIN.TLD}}

There are some useful templates I've carried over from wikipedia to
resolve this, including ...
      * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:!
      * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:=

For any medium-large command samples, I tend to prefer <pre> tags in
place of the Template:command.  Using your examples, you could also
write those commands as ...
      * {{command|ifconfig {{!}} grep inet6}}
      * {{command|nslookup -type{{=}}AAAA ipv6.DOMAIN.TLD}}

Thanks,
James