nouveau and multimonitor with mutter problems

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:17:17 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Adam Jackson  wrote:
> On 6/7/11 4:21 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>
>> Perhaps it is a problem of the top bar representing a top limit for
>> windows placement?
>
> gnome-shell considers the top bar an impenetrable wall (from below), yes.

OK. Thanks for confirming this

>> Can I change its position to test?
>
> Use the display control panel to drag the position of the top bar to the
> monitor you want it to appear on.
>
> - ajax

ah ah... I see I can drag the top bar too.... I didn't expect this ;-)
I'm going to try.

BTW: suppose I put the top bar on top of external monitor. Then I disconnect it.
What is it the expected behaviour? Top bar automatically repositioned
to the only surviving laptop display that was below or what?

Thanks,
Gianluca