F15 "services" can't enable nfs or vsftpd

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Wed Jun 8 15:56:29 UTC 2011

.

> The solution posited in the thread I referenced is not via automount
> (one of the posters misreferenced a man page so you need to read the
> works as advertised.

  Yes - systemd has an auto mount like option - that's what I meant by
"auto mount (in one form or another)." - you could use the automounter
or the systemd option in fstab to achieve similar delay until needed
mount functionality.

  Anyway, problems still remain ... and while there are some work
arounds (as for NFS) you can use - until all these problems get fixed,
one can still use (a) or (b) [earlier post] as workarounds with low
clean up impact once the actual bugs get fixed and things start working
properly again. Which hopefully will slowly get done over the coming months.