F15 "services" can't enable nfs or vsftpd

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 19:43:49 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 8:29 PM, Genes MailLists <lists at sapience.com> wrote:

>> And starting and stopping the sysv init script works just fine
>>

>  Yes - it works fine to start by hand - the bug is that it fails to
> start at boot. YMMV. Thats why some are starting in rc.local after the
> machine is up and running.
>
>  Its all in the bugzilla for you to peruse and enjoy.

Just out of interest - I am presuming that since systemd is a major
core component of the operating system and is essential for starting
and stopping key services on which the system relies all the time, I
am wondering how many developers are active in fixing the bugs that
have been reported since F15 was released?

I guess it is a team of at least several people but maybe someone
knows the number of people who are contributing to the systemd fixes?
It seems really important to get systemd in a fully operating and
trustworthy state in the next couple of months so that there will be
insignificant bugs arising due to systemd when F16 is released in
about half a year from now.

--
mike c