problem accessing programs...

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Jun 15 02:50:15 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 07:17:02PM -0700, Rob Healey wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I am having a problem accessing Google Earth 6.0.3 64bit...
>
> I am not sure what the error is and why I am getting it...  Here is what I get
> on my terminal window.  I, also, can not access the program if I go through the
> menu...

> /usr/bin/google-earth: ./googleearth-bin: /lib/ld-lsb.so.3: bad ELF
> interpreter: No such file or directory

Sometimes, that means you're running a 32 bit program on a 64 bit
system.

Or, it may be that you just didn't have the package that provides that
shared object.  (That is, on a system where the package matches the
architecture.)

The package is redhat-lsb, at least on a CentOS system.  (The way to
check is with

yum provides */<name>, so in this case

yum provides */ld-lsb.so.3

will tell you what package should install the needed .so file.

I don't use google earth, but if you got it through a repo, it
have taken care of that and I guess it would be a Fedora issue.

If you got it elsewhere, then the problem may be in the packaging.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Wesley:  Wait for Faith.
 Buffy:  That could be hours.  The girl makes Godot look punctual.