my excitement is unreachable...

Rob Healey robhealey1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 21:30:30 UTC 2011

Great Afternoon to All of You:

Today, I upgraded my system to the current fc16/ rawhide packages!  I was
anxiously skeptical to try the new kernel-3.0-0.rc3.git0-3.fc16.x86_64
kernel because I had no love from the 2.6.39 and kernel-3.0-0 series so far
up to today!

I upgraded to this new kernel, and re- booted my computer!  To my
excitement, this is the first kernel in this series that actually loaded my
computer and gave me a working desktop!

As much as I am anxious to play around with it, I received this on my
terminal window when I first opened it....

Non-standard uts for running kernel:
release 3.0-0.rc3.git0.3.fc16.x86_64=3.0.0 gives version code 196608

Could anyone explain this, and if it is important to worry about?

--
Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

"Always surround yourself with people that inspire you to
greatness!"