kernel-3.0-0.rc3.git0.3.fc16.i386 mishap...

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Fri Jun 17 11:43:12 UTC 2011

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011, Rob Healey wrote:

> Greetings All:
>
> I must step back and swallow the excitement that I had earlier...
>
> After installing this kernel and in the 64bit one also, my first re-boot was
> as wonderful as it should have been!
>
> Upon, 2nd reboot, I get on my terminal window:
>
> microcode: cpu0: family 15 not supported
>
> and it is in a non- breaking loop.  It goes nowhere and will not reboot by
> CTRL][ALT][DEL] ,,,

There is a module load lockup I am seeing (with the nfs module in my
case). This seems to be an issue with module-init-tools from 3.13 onwards
- not directly related to the 3.0 kernel as it happens with earlier
kernels as well, but you make be seeing it as you need the updated
module-init-tools for the 3.0 kernel.

 	Michael Young