make NUM stick on

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 20 00:50:46 UTC 2011

What's the preferred method for setting NUM on always? Is there a way for
Fedoras to grab and employ the BIOS setting? I know how to enable in KDE, but
that doesn't work for KDM or ttys. I used to put in rc.local:

INITTY=/dev/tty[1-8]
for tty in $INITTY; do
setleds -D +num < $tty
done

But with systemd that's obviously not the best way.

If it was up to me, standard 101 or more key keyboards would be hard coded
for NUM to never be off.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/