[Fedora QA] #202: Create test case for firstboot (graphic and text)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jun 23 20:02:43 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 15:50 -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 06/23/2011 03:05 PM, Fedora QA wrote:
> > #202: Create test case for firstboot (graphic and text)
> > -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
> >   Reporter:  adamwill  |       Owner:  adamwill
> >       Type:  task      |      Status:  new
> >  Component:  Wiki      |     Version:
> > Resolution:            |    Keywords:
> > -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
> > Comment (by adamwill):
> >
> >  Created a test case, here:
> >
> >  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_base_firstboot
> >
> >  didn't add it to any matrix yet as this is not an installation or a
> >  desktop test, exactly. I think we should add a third matrix, which in my
> >  head at the moment is called 'base'...
> >

>   I think it might make sense to include tests with and without a luks
> encrypted filesystem as well if possible - luks could be swap and/or
> /home or possibly root as well.

That's outside the scope of this test: this test is specifically to test
firstboot functionality. We already have a test case which tests
encryption in the installer -
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_autopart_(encrypted)_install . Though it's currently rather messily twinned with a keymap test, which was my stupid idea, which we should really clean up.

I had the new 'base startup' test cover unlocking an encrypted partition
on boot: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_base_startup