gnome-shell and gsettings-desktop-schemas-0.1.7-2.fc15.x86_64...

Rob Healey robhealey1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 16:18:09 UTC 2011

Greetings:

I followed the different post that were made yesterday regarding gnome-shell
and gsettings-desktop-schemas that Adam Williamson told us about...

I also tried removing the at-spi2-* files and still no success!

I made sure that upower, accountsservice, dbus, and gobject-introspection*
were all installed and current updates-testing  packages ...

I decided that maybe it might have been something that I installed later, so
I dumped my system and loaded straifgr deom the F-15-Alpha-Live-Desktop
x86_64 live image!  So that I would have at least a stable install...

I got the blank screen as so many others have done !  I am unsure how to
proceed from here?  I get the gdm login with no problems.  When I get the
screensaver started, it shows the date/ time, switch user icons all on the
top row...

When I wake up the system, the login prompt flashes but will let me log back
in though...

I am currently in KDE because Gnome-shell is useless to me right now!

Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

--
Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

"Always surround yourself with people that inspire you to
greatness!"