gnome-shell in fc15...

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 2 01:59:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 17:15 -0800, Rob Healey wrote:
> Greetings and good evening!
>
> I would like to know if there has been a globally accepted fix for the
> gnome-shell and gdm problem of either not working or the flashing gdm
> problems yet???

Again, vague questions do not lead to satisfactory answers. It sounds
like you're hitting a crash in gdm and also in Shell. I would recommend
you look through the bugs filed against each recently, and also
discussed on this list, and see if you can identify which ones you are
suffering from. Then you can follow those reports to see when they are
fixed.