New BugZapper Introduction

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 16:05:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 18:44 -0700, DG wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I am excited to join this group of bug-squashers, and I hope that I
> will be able to contribute back to this project of which I have used
> so much.
>
> A little about myself:  I currently work full-time programming in
> various projects, mostly with data analysis but sometimes down to
> interfacing with hardware.  I program mostly in Python, am comfortable
> in C, but have dabbled and have done the tutorials in many languages.
> I am also a graduate student at Boise State University, going for a
> Masters in CS.
>
> I would promote myself as fairly bright, but I am a bit timid with
> jumping into community projects.  This is something that I would like
> to change, but I am a bit lost on how to get started, so if someone
> would mentor me I will try my best to contribute all that I can.

Hi Danny and welcome!

Given your background, you might also be interested in
developing/contributing test automation.  We're always looking for
contributors for AutoQA [1].  There are plenty of smaller tasks that
could use extra hands, and we're always looking for new ideas by way of
patches :)  Join the autoqa-devel at lists.fedorahosted.org if you are
interested.

Thanks,
James