kernel crash

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 04:05:06 UTC 2011

--- On Mon, 3/7/11, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> From: Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: kernel crash
> To: "For testers of Fedora development releases" <test at lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Date: Monday, March 7, 2011, 6:55 PM
> On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 18:18 -0800,
> Antonio Olivares wrote:
>
> > > Yes. It's also not a crash, but a warning.
> > > --
> >
> > Then why the damn thing says that it is a kernel
> crash?
> > If it is just a warning, then the tool should just
> report an oops right?
>
> Because abrt was written before the kernel really started
> using the oops
> system for warnings. abrt's text should probably get
> updated now.

Prior versions of Fedora Rawhide had oopses too, and they reported where the oops report was sent and to which version of the kernel.  This new tool does not.  I wonder where the report got sent?  It surely did not go to the Fedora bugzilla :(  I know it is just a warning, but thanks to it, the internet connection died and I could not reply again to the message.

> > BTW, the following sealert keeps popping up and a bug
> has already been filed :(
> >
> > It is sadly becoming annoying :(
>
> That has nothing to do with this.

Yep, sorry :(, got overly anxious to get it out of the way, most of the bugs/reports in the sealerts I tried to file but the connection died might have been because of the oops?

> Of course there's going
> to be a lag
> between filing the bug and a fix being written, built, and
> pushed to
> updates.

I have not seen any suggestions yet?, normally we see things like
CLOSED -NOT A BUG-
fixed in policy-XX.YYY.ZZZ.rpm
, etc.  But in this case, the bug might be a repeat of someone else's problem :(

> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT
> org
> http://www.happyassassin.net
>
> --

Thanks Adam for your help/advice/suggestions.  I hope I am not the only one with those bugs, and If I am I take my /*RANT*/ Back :)

Regards,

Antonio