lvm2-monitor very slow shutdown on Rawhide and F15 Alpha

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Wed Mar 9 03:15:53 UTC 2011

(asked on lvm list with no response)

Should I expect the lvm2-monitor to take about a minute to finally
shutdown when rebooting/shutting down?

On Rawhide and Fedora 15 Alpha systems with one lv snapshot,
shutdown/reboot hangs for about a minute waiting for lvm2-monitor to
shutdown.  I see msgs that lvm2-monitor.service process exited,
code=exited status=1, and msgs that the there are still devices being
monitored and a msg that lvm is "Refusing to exit."

I can disable the service with systemd and shutdown/reboot proceeds in a
more expected rapid manner.

Is this normal?

--
Regards,